About the International Pancreas & Islet Transplant Association
The International Pancreas and Islet Transplantation Association aims to serve its scientific community by providing a forum for the open exchange of knowledge and expertise in order to facilitate the advancement of clinical practice to treat human diabetes by means of transplantation.
Aims of the Association:
- To promote and encourage research and training relevant to transplantation of insulin-producing cells and tissue in the treatment and cure of diabetes mellitus;
- To provide a scientific forum for the exchange and discussion of clinical and experimental results and experiences relevant to transplantation of insulin-producing cells and tissue in the treatment and cure of diabetes mellitus;
- To promote and endorse contacts between clinical and experimental researchers from different institutions and from all pertinent disciplines
IPITA Congress History
Every two years, the IPITA World Congress brings together clinicians, scientists, allied health professionals, and students from all parts of the world in the fields of whole pancreas, islet and stem cell transplantation. Through plenary lectures, oral presentations and rapid-fire sessions, the very latest advances in the field are introduced and discussed while developing collaborative connections.
The next Congress will be hosted in October 2023 in San Diego, California and is expected to attract over 500 delegates from 30 different countries, included 110 invited speakers and spanned four days. The Congress will be held in partnership with the International Xenotransplantation Association and Cell Transplant and Regenerative Medicine Society.
As the 2025 Congress will not be a joint endeavour, we anticipate about 300 delegates to attend in person.
YOUR LETTER OF INTENT SHOULD INCLUDE A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Designation and Description of the proposed Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Description of the proposed host city
- Proposed dates
- Proposed venue possibilities
- Travel information
- Proposed hotel accommodations
BIDDING PROCEDURE AND DEADLINES
|Deadline for Letter of Intent
You will be notified by early March should your LOC be shortlisted to provide a full bid for 2025. You will be provided additional guidelines to help you to prepare your full bid at that time. Please ensure that all the requirements along with the budget template provided are completed and included in your full bid.
|Monday, February 20, 2023
|Deadline to submit your complete proposal.
Proposals should be sent to the attention of the IPITA Section Manager, Suzanne Landis, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The IPITA Council may request additional information and/or documentation in support of host city’s proposal
|Monday, May 1, 2023
|Presentations by Zoom to the IPITA Council of the complete proposal.
|Final selection of the bid to host 2025 Congress of the IPITA.
The IPITA Council will review and determine the winning city.
|Promotional materials should be prepared for the announcement of the 2025 Congress at the IPITA/IXA/CTRMS Joint Congress on October 26-29.
The Congress Chair should plan to attend to make the announcement and invite delegates to attend.
|September 1, 2023