National Pediatric Transplant Week - April 23-27, 2018
Join us in celebrating a new observance during the last week of National Donate Life Month: National Pediatric Transplant Week.
National Pediatric Transplant Week grew from the question of a father whose young son is a heart recipient: Can we as a national Donate Life Community create a dedicated observance to raise awareness and help save the lives of children waiting for transplant?
National Pediatric Transplant Week offers donation and transplantation organizations the platform to talk about the powerful message of ending the pediatric waiting list, to engage clinical partners to share their innovative work and patient stories (candidates and recipients), and to honor donor families whose children have saved and healed lives through organ, eye and tissue donation.
National Pediatric Transplant Week gives pediatric donor and recipient families an opportunity to share their stories, encourage others to help save and heal lives by registering to be organ, eye and tissue donors and to learn more about becoming a living donor.
Donate Life America (DLA) would like to thank the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), the American Society of Transplantation (AST) and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) for their collaboration and support in piloting the first annual National Pediatric Transplant Week.
For more information about National Donate Life Month, please visit: https://www.donatelife.net/ndlm/.
- Pediatric Donation and Transplantation Statistics – Up-to-date national data on the status of donation and transplantation.
- Donation and Transplantation FAQs – One-sheet handout with the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about organ, eye and tissue donation.
Social Media Graphics& Stories
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn Graphics – Share with your followers throughout the week and remember to include #KidsTransplantWeek as a hashtag.
- National Donate Life Month Facebook frame – Add to your Facebook profile image during April. Look for the frame starting in April on Facebook.com/DonateLife.
- Pediatric Stories of Hope – Inspiring stories about pediatric organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation will be available during National Pediatric Transplant Week on https://www.donatelife.net/stories/.