2015 - TID 2015 Conference
Things go better when Transplantation ID docs are involved
4.1 - Pre-transplant ID Evaluation - From the Clinic to the ICU
Presenter: Nicole M, Theodoropolous, , United States
Authors: Nicole M Theodoropolous
This presentation will review the recommended evaluation for latent and active infections in patient prior to planned organ transplantation, including evaluation for endemic exposures and updating vaccines.
- Discuss the role infectious disease consultants have in pre-transplant evaluation and why it matters
- Review the history taking and laboratory/radiology evaluation recommended to evaluate for latent and active infections prior to organ transplantation
- Review the recommended evaluation and administration of vaccines prior to organ transplant
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.