Education on Organ Donation
29.1 - Education on Organ Donation
Presenter: Felix, Cantarovich, Paris, France
Authors: Felix Cantarovich
- To discuss possible reasons for the limited success of public education
- To generate a different message to society, on different levels, looking forward to modify people’s behaviour about the “use of the body” after death as a “source” of organs and tissues in order to improve the well-being of society
- To evaluate the feasibility of an educational program on organ donation & transplantation
- To describe and discuss an educational program on organ donation and transplantation to be applied to different levels of school curricula
- To present and discuss previous experiences concerning young students’ understanding and acceptance of essential concepts in organ donation
- To discuss actions by the media concerning their active participation in communicating these new ideas
- To suggest and discuss the challenges of generating a new message to society
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.