This page contains exclusive content for the member of the following sections: TTS
2001.1 - The Problem of Transplant Tourism in Canada
Presenter: Aviva, Goldberg, Winnipeg, Canada
Authors: Aviva Goldberg
At the end of this presentation, participants will:
- Be familiar with the growing problem of transplant tourism in Canada and its impact on other countries
- Understand how the Declaration of Istanbul affects the work of transplant teams in Canada and other countries
- Become aware of the Canadian Society of Transplantation’s position statement on this issue and how it can be helpful to transplanters both in Canada and elsewhere.
By viewing the material on this site you understand and
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the
views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of
The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does
not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society
and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified
health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for
any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in
the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.