The INTESTINAL REHABILITATION AND TRANSPLANT ASSOCIATION (IRTA) respects the privacy of visitors to its website. IRTA strongly believes that our visitors must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, the IRTA has implemented the following policy.
NOTE: THIS POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO ONLINE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- IRTA collects two types of information about you when you visit our website: personal information (including, by way of example only, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, demographic information and credit card information) and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site that you have visited and your IP address).
- Personally Identifiable Information:
- IRTA does not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you choose to provide it. Personal information is collected through congress registration, abstract submission and inquiry processes and through other services or procedures that the IRTA may implement from time to time. You are not required to submit any personally identifiable information in order to access information in the public areas of our website.
- To gain access to conference registration and other personalized features on the IRTA website, users are asked to register and provide limited personal information. This information is submitted voluntarily. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not provide it.
IRTA uses information voluntarily submitted by visitors in the following ways:
- IRTA Services and Products.
- Generally, IRTA uses data collected to improve its own web content; to identify popular areas of the website; to respond to visitor and member needs, interests and preferences and to develop new products and services.
- Disclosures to Third Parties.
- On occasion, the IRTA sells conference registrant’s names and addresses in hard copy, label format for one-time use only to approved requesters. The personal information that we may provide to third parties may include names and addresses provided by the members, but will not include phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses or demographic information. Users may request that IRTA refrain from disclosing their information to third parties through an opt-out box that will appear on each form on which a user provides information. Alternatively, users may contact the IRTA at or +1-514-874-1717 to express their preferences if they determine at any time that they do not wish to have the information shared.
- Credit Card Information:
- IRTA does not disclose credit card information provided by its members and customers except to third parties that assist with processing credit card purchases. When and customers choose to pay by using their credit cards, IRTA submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- IRTA collects non-personally identifiable, aggregate information from visitors to our website. This non-personally identifiable information includes but is not limited to the number of hits per page, cookies, referrers, IP address, or other ‘environmental’ variables. The IRTA does not link non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifiable information.
- Notification of Changes:
- Choices Available to the User:
- IRTA provides the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information.
- You may set your browser to not accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate this web site may be hindered.
- If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our services or would like us to remove you from lists that may be provided to third parties, please send an e-mail to . Please include your name and e-mail address in the body of the message.
- You may access the personal information we have collected about you and correct any inaccuracies by sending an email to
- You understand and agree that “perfect” security does not exist anywhere, including on the Internet. When you send your credit card information to us over our website, we encrypt this information between your computer and our server. Other information you send to this site, including email messages, will not be encrypted unless we advise you otherwise. The IRTA website is protected by a firewall and monitored for security.
- Third Party Links:
- This web site may contain links to other sites. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRACTICES OF ANY OTHER SITES.
- We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that they visit. This privacy statement applies solely to the IRTA website.
- Legal Disclaimer:
- The IRTA website is designed to provide users with educational activities, scientific and meeting information, current societal news, public policy information and other needs for transplant professionals. This information is not the same as retaining experts in these fields for advice. Nothing contained in this website is to be considered as the rendering of legal, medical, professional or other advice for specific cases, and users are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own physicians. The information contained on this site is intended for educational, background and informational purposes only.