- The local chapter must have a minimum for 5 IIRTA members to establish a chapter. These participants must be current members of IIRTA in good standing as a full member, allied health, fellow/trainee, or international member.
- The principles and goals of IIRTA History & Mission (tts.org) must be followed by the Chapter with adherence to the Declaration of Istanbul Home (declarationofistanbul.org).
- Each local Chapter should promote local and regional education through inter- and multidisciplinary scientific work and support career development in the fields of intestinal rehabilitation and transplant.
- The IIRTA Chapters will have a specific page within the IIRTA website that includes individual Chapter activities and news, pictures, comments, links, and a list of current active chapters. Content will be updated and added quarterly.
- Individual chapters have the option and are encouraged to develop a local chapter logo which will then be submitted to the IIRTA Council for final approval.
- Local Chapters can try to obtain administrative support through local transplant societies. www.tts.org/tts-about/tts-nationally-and-internationally-affiliated-societies.
- Following approval by the IIRTA Council to begin Chapter development, a recognition plaque will be sent to the leaders of each Chapter.
- The IIRTA Council and IIRTA committee members will actively support all IIRTA chapter activities.
The IIRTA Council hopes you are interested in this opportunity to promote education and science within our field.
To become a chapter, applicants should complete the application form below and email the form to: Suzanne Landis, IIRTA Section Manager at email@example.com
To become a member of the IIRTA, please visit www.tts.org/irta-join or contact membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.